Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocking Tester
I have found that in many cases, the Tester(PT50B) is often rocked. 

So I think it should be improved so that the length of the leg can be adjusted to eliminate the rocking. 

How about your testers? Is the EOU aware of this and improving?
I guess we'll just have to see if anyone else has noticed this phenomena. We haven't nor have we ever received notice of this phenomena from a customer. The housing is injection molded and I can assure you that the injection mold is flat. All this doesn't mean that you don't have an instrument in your possession that rocks however. Just make certain of the obvious - nothing stuck to the bottom, all four feet inserts are still present, the bench top is clear of debris and the surface you are resting the unit on is flat. If you weren't in Korea we'd have a look at it to see what might be learned and replace the unit if it is defective. Since you are in Korea and you are our distributor there perhaps you can investigate for us and let us know what leveling steps had to taken to eliminate the instability. If the unit is defective we'll replace it with your next order but these are simple business matters better left to private email discussions than posts on the BESS Exchange.
(08-16-2018, 10:11 AM)EOU Wrote: I guess we'll just have to see if anyone else has noticed this phenomena. We haven't nor have we ever received notice of this phenomena from a customer. The housing is injection molded and I can assure you that the injection mold is flat. All this doesn't mean that you don't have an instrument in your possession that rocks however. Just make certain of the obvious - nothing stuck to the bottom, all four feet inserts are still present, the bench top is clear of debris and the surface you are resting the unit on is flat. If you weren't in Korea we'd have a look at it to see what might be learned and replace the unit if it is defective. Since you are in Korea and you are our distributor there perhaps you can investigate for us and let us know what leveling steps had to taken to eliminate the instability. If the unit is defective we'll replace it with your next order but these are simple business matters better left to private email discussions than posts on the BESS Exchange.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egymis8vifs5f2...8.MOV?dl=0

Check this video.(Volume up) The first one is OK, but second one rocked when I pressed at near the display. 

The table is flat, and rubber feets are OK too. I don't think this is a big problem but for a sensitive person it wouldn't.
We haven't seen any rocking in the PT50A and PT50B testers we've distributed in Australia and New Zealand for the last year, and I check each in a real test before shipping to the end users.

SHARPCO's is just an unlucky one-off, and really unlucky that it went as far as to Korea.
I'd try fixing the issue myself, and maybe use it as display and sell discounted.
When these sharpness testers were new to our community, I was selling display units discounted to start people talking about them.
As soon as people learn how good they are, these testers start selling themselves.
http://knifeGrinders.com.au
(08-18-2018, 09:02 PM)KnifeGrinders Wrote: We haven't seen any rocking in the PT50A and PT50B testers we've distributed in Australia and New Zealand for the last year, and I check each in a real test before shipping to the end users.

SHARPCO's is just an unlucky one-off, and really unlucky that it went as far as to Korea.
I'd try fixing the issue myself, and maybe use it as display and sell discounted.
When these sharpness testers were new to our community, I was selling display units discounted to start people talking about them.
As soon as people learn how good they are, these testers start selling themselves.

Exactly. I'm seriously unlucky about sharpening equipment.(Unfortunately it's my job)