Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting about edge angles
(06-20-2018, 10:05 AM)EOU Wrote: You would be very much welcome, Larrin, to promote both your studies and your blog here on the BESS Exchange if you feel that it would be to your benefit.
Thanks!
Welcome Larrin, what a pleasure and privilege having you here!

I am very impressed with your intricate dissection on CM154/CMP. Wow, fabulously informative and far reaching!

Your articles are well worth the price of admission, so I won't miss any.   Wink
(06-21-2018, 10:42 PM)Mark Reich Wrote: Welcome Larrin, what a pleasure and privilege having you here!

I am very impressed with your intricate dissection on CM154/CMP. Wow, fabulously informative and far reaching!

Your articles are well worth the price of admission, so I won't miss any.   Wink
Japanese proverb: Nothing is more expensive than free.

Edit: Thanks Mark
Proverb heartily agreed to. I expect absolutely nothing for free, so I'm investing in your research, Larrin.

It's very cool that Larrin's math comes out the same as KG's regarding edge angle. Larrin was even able to correlate and quantify the differences of edge retention between edge angle and hardness, which is pretty darn enlightening.

Sorry Mike, you were kinda beaten to the punch on that one...   Wink
I’m sure there’s probably some German research articles from 70 years ago about the effect of edge angle. We will keep redoing experiments until it finally sinks in.
The three most important thing on knifes are: edge angle, edge angle and edge angle - and 99 % of all knife owners have not a clou what edge angle they have on their knifes...

So, we keep inform them for 70 years to come Smile

We never give up. (Just seen a movie about Winston Churchill and WW2...)

Thomas