Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old sharpening methods...
Thomas,

Looking at the fascinating photo of the boat axe you posted, I notice that our ancestors made an edge with the burr successfully removed. With the advanced work on burr removal on this exchange, I am hopeful that we may someday catch up with our ancestors! Smile

Ken

ps, I really do find your posts fascinating. I just watched a program on the mystery of Chaco Canyon. Those ancient people were truly remarkable, understanding things like 18 1/2 year lunar cycles.
Jan, nice job with the hole in the stone! It is difficult to work in stones with machines!

Ken S, yes, what I know we have not find any burr on all the stone tools we have found so our forefathers must had a very special machine to remove the burr Smile

I think we can learn a lot of things from earlyer knife and axe makers and their grinding tecnuiqe - and that edges tools was just tools, often designed for a special purpouse.

If you search on Google pictures after "båtyxor" (boataxes" perhaps "Scandinavian båtyxor" you will se a mot if them I think, they are beutiful designed and there is not two exatly the same. Some of them are extremt long and thin and extreme nice.

Search also on:

"Stenålders yxor" (stone age axes" to se other types of axes
Stenålders knivar (stone age knifes)
Stenålders dolkar (stone age daggers)

Thomas
Perhaps we all working wrong when we sharpen knifes ?

[Image: 5npyyc.jpg]

Thomas
And why use hand/foot craft or electricity? Dog-craft was use earlyer - and is the dog are good educated he can change his speed on command Smile

[Image: 30jjr5z.jpg]

Thomas
And a picture that show how we see our selfs Smile

[Image: 2q184er.jpg]

Thomas