Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Kalamazoo 1SM knife rest system
I'm new to the forum and just came across this post...great work!!!

I would definitely order one.
Grepper,

Your knife rest for the Kallie may prove to be the most significant event since those two Steve guys started building computers in a garage! Smile

Ken
And a mighty fine adjustable angle rest and platen it is Ken. We've been using it for about two months now and not only does it just make life easier but has greatly improved the consistency and sharpness of our edges as well. It would be difficult to move forward on the edge rolling test stand without it. Bell, Edison, Ford and now Grepper.
(03-06-2018, 12:07 PM)MIABladeWorks Wrote: I'm new to the forum and just came across this post...great work!!!

I would definitely order one.

Welcome to the Forum, MIABladeWorks, it's great to see you here!

Mr. Grepper, what are you calling this device?

Please add one to your order list for me too. I can't stand to be out-machined.  Wink
Since Mark is getting one, better add me to the list. I'm far enough behind Mark as it is without the new secret weapon.......

Ken
I have to see what I need to do to make it compatible with my platens. Wink
Thanks for the interest guys and sorry about the delay in responding.  Here’s where I’m at with the thing.  

After using it for awhile, I decided to make a couple of tweaks to the design which I plan to do this weekend.  Then I’ll send the design out and get the basic parts made, which still need some machining and assembly work after I get them.  I’m probably 30 days out or so before I have any made.  I’ll make enough for those who have expressed interest.

Going forward, general questions and comments about the unit are fine in the forum, but if you want one please use a PM.
Wisely stated, Mr. Grepper.  10-4

Welcome to the Product Showcase. Now hurry up.   Big Grin